If you’re anything like me and find yourself craving snacks throughout the day, consider a wholesome, healthy alternative and make your own energy balls. It’s a great way to keep hunger at bay, easy to carry with you, and keep you energized throughout the day.
Here is one of my recipes for delicious, bite sized energy balls. They’re so simple to make - no baking needed!
What you will need:
- A food processor or blender
- Mixing bowl
- Baking paper
- Big container to store
- Refrigerator storage space
Try and buy organic ingredients if you can, your body will thank you for it.
Almond and cacao combine perfectly with dates to give a smooth consistency and delicious after taste. If you are a big fan of dark chocolate, you will definitely love these! Adding oats is optional - great for a bit of extra energy.
- 150g Almond
- 80g (around 10 pieces) Medjool Dates (Pitted) or Turkish Figs
- 1 tbsp. Barley Malt syrup / Honey
- 1 tbsp. Chia Seeds or Flax Seeds
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Cacao Powder or/and
- 1 cup Dry Oats (optional)
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
Get creative combining your own ingredients using this formula:
- The base of the energy balls are always nuts or beans, you can add oats, oatmeal biscuits or protein powder too.
- For sweetness, add any dried berries, dates or figs.
- Add oil to keep it smooth & syrup to bind.
- If the mix is too dry, add more oil or syrup; if too wet add more oats or cacao.
By Diana Lim