200-hour Part Time Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training with Blair Hughes, Oct 3 - Dec 6
200-hour Yoga Alliance Recognised Course
Led by Blair Hughes
Saturday and Sunday, October 3 - December 6, 2020
The practice of yoga transforms the core of your existence, which influences what you attract into your life. When you share the gift of yoga, or experience a deepening of your personal practice, you will ignite a flame within your heart, which will impact the hearts and minds of those around you.
The main intention of this training will be to learn how to teach vinyasa yoga with awareness and precision. This course is designed to provide you with a thorough and comprehensive training in both the practice and teaching of vinyasa yoga, which encompasses both the physical and the subtle body.
You will learn effective teaching techniques, such as sequencing, assisting and adjusting, use of voice and tonality; and also learn how to create inspiring and authentic class themes to teach with profound impact and influence.
Coupled with daily practice, meditation, pranayama, and exploration of yoga philosophy, you will refine your understanding of vinyasa yoga and empower yourself to move towards a deepening of your yoga journey.
- Learn how to deliver a powerful and impactful vinyasa sequence, with excellence and precision to inspire and empower your students.
- Learn how to access your intuition from day one of training. Teaching from your truth is the most powerful and influential way to transform your yoga students and the yogi within you.
- Learn how to keep yourself accountable through ritual, and how our own practice and experiences are the way in which we can be authentic to teach from the heart.
ABOUT BLAIR HUGHES
Blair Hughes, is a natural teacher with over 11 years of experience. He has an innate ability to inspire and empower his students, intuitively guiding them on a journey above and beyond the physical.
His journey into yoga started back in Scotland when he was 18. It was 15 years later before he began teaching and studying with some of the most influential yoga teachers and performance coaches in the world. He is an E-RYT 500hr certified yoga teacher trainer, based out of Singapore, where he shares the teachings of yoga locally and globally.
Blair’s gentle nature, combined with a commanding presence, creates a powerful and potent space to transform and grow.
This course will consist of theoretical and practical components. It is designed to create great leaders and inspirational teachers, but is also designed for those who want to deepen their understanding of yoga. The course will be beneficial for anyone seeking to take the next step in their yoga journey.
During this unit of study, expect to go deeper in the study of the asanas, pranayama, meditation and other traditional yoga techniques. Key components include:
Advanced study of asana (proper alignment, benefits and potential risks)
- Science and art of sequencing
How to observe bodies
- Informed use of props to improve or modify a posture
- Guided practice of the techniques
- Analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques
During this unit of study, expect to employ the yogic practices of asana, pranayama (breath work), and various methods of meditation as our elemental practice. You will gain a profound understanding of the foundational asanas as alignment tools for safe physical practice, and for yoking the mind to this moment. Key components include:
Sequencing vinyasa classes in a safe, logical and effective way
- Explore the act of intention and theme setting
Learning how to use language skills to communicate through cues
Understand the different learning styles of your students and how to respond to this as a teacher
Explore principles of effective demonstration
Develop your observation skills whilst mastering the art of safe and effective student assisting and adjusting
- Learn how to run a financially viable business as a yoga teacher
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
The study of the human body is an essential component for facilitating yoga, movement and injuring prevention.
During this course of study, expect to achieve the following learning outcomes:
Human physical anatomy and physiology – e.g. muscles, bones, bodily systems and organs
Subtle anatomy – e.g. chakras, prana, nadis, koshas, vayus, elements, functions of the mind, samkaras
How to teach modify sequences for students with injuries
Diagnosis of postural alignment
Recommending modifications for pregnant women
- How to teach people with varying physical ability e.g elderly
YOGA PHILOSOPHY, LIFESTYLE AND ETHICS
This part of the course explores real-world practical guidance for how to take your yoga practice to the next level. The outcomes to achieve are:
- In depth study of the Ashtanga 8 limbs of yoga
- Learn the history and philosophical foundations of yoga
- Study major traditional yogic texts e.g. Patanjali’s yoga sutras, Bhagavad Gita
Throughout the course, you will be given extensive opportunity to practise your teaching skills in an environment that feels safe, supportive and nurturing. We deliver this via:
Extensive practice workshops
Learn a feedback model that helps you to both receive and give constructive, useful feedback on how to improve your teaching
- Practice teaching groups and one-on-one
ASSISTING & ADJUSTING
Assisting students is one of the best ways to help your students grow. Key components include:
- Learn to support and empower your students through intentional assisting
Learn how to safely assist and adjust students
The different types of assist
- How assisting can change the experience of your students
October 3 & 4
October 10 & 11
October 17 & 18
October 24 & 25
October 31 & November 1
November 7 & 8
November 14 & 15
November 21 & 22
November 28 & 29
December 5 & 6
SATURDAY - SUNDAY
- 7.00am – 9.00am Morning Practice
- 9.00am – 9.30am Break
- 9.30am – 12.00pm Workshop
- 12.00pm - 1.00pm Lunch
- 1.00pm – 3.00pm Workshop
- 3.00pm – 5.00pm Teaching & Feedback
Full Tuition: $3,950
All trainees are entitled to 10% off all retail during the period of the training, and 20% off our packages upon completion of the teacher training.
All deposits are non-refundable.
Any cancellation received 60 days prior to course incurs a fee of $250.
Any cancellation received 30 days prior to course will result in forfeit of the full tuition fee.