21-day Hot Yoga Teacher Training with Copper Crow, Jan 7 - 27
21-day Hot Yoga Teacher Training
200-Hour Yoga Alliance Recognised Course
With Copper Crow
Jan 7 - 27, 2019
TRANSFORM your life. INSPIRE others. BE a yoga teacher!
200-hour Hot Classic Hatha Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training with Copper Crow
A Yoga Alliance 200RYS focused on empowering teachers with the tools needed to get jobs around the world and confidently teach positive uplifting group yoga classes.
We have a simple mission - to provide the best training possible for yogis to learn and develop their skills as teachers. We’ve been offering Hot Yoga Teacher Training courses since 2009, with a proven track record of graduates successfully getting jobs, changing their lives and making a difference in the lives of others.
We believe that yoga is for all people. However, not all yoga classes are right for all practitioners. We’re committed to teachers' success and focus on developing teachers who can teach multiple class styles. This allows our YTT graduates to connect with a wide variety of students, help students safely grow in their practice from beginner to intermediate/advanced, have a competitive advantage in the yoga job market, expand their teaching qualifications and marketability when applying for jobs or branding their own studios.
Crow Yoga HYTT curriculum focuses on Hot Classic, Hatha, & Vinyasa methods. It's literally three trainings in one!
Teaching methodology includes:
- Hot vs Non-hot
- Static Hatha vs Dynamic Vinyasa Flow
- Fixed Sequence vs Creative Freestyle
- Beginner Foundations vs Experienced/Intermediate variations
200-hour Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Training (RYT) program.
Hot Yoga Teacher Training is a foundation training for new teachers to build the confidence and gain the skills necessary to start their teaching career.
We have two main goals for participants in our trainings:
- Learn how to teach group classes
- Understand how to sequence classes to cater to a variety of students needs and wants.
The Hot Classic sequence is the core of our curriculum, however there is a lot more to yoga than a fixed 26 pose sequence. Therefore, we apply a modular approach to learning that evolves the Classic practice to include Hatha and Vinyasa classes styles.
The result is a qualified teacher that is more marketable in the yoga community because they can teach a variety of classes and relate to a variety of students.
TEACHER TRAINING SYLLABUS
Hot Classic (Foundation)
A set sequence of 26 yoga poses that gives your students a solid foundation on which to build their practice. Challenging, yet suitable for all levels of students. Ideal for teaching beginners.
Hot Hatha (Static Form)
Builds on the Hot Classic sequence. Offers variety and creativity for hot yoga lovers ready to move beyond the 26 sequence. Easy to add on more poses for arms, core, hips, and/or backbends to stoke the interest of more experienced students.
Hot Vinyasa (Dynamic Flow)
Modifies the Hot Hatha sequence into a flow class, making the practice more intense and physically challenging. Ideal for teaching experienced/ intermediate students. Surya Namaskar is a key part of this practice.
YOGA HISTORY & PHILOSOPHY
- Basic history, philosophy & evolution of yoga
- Eight kinds of Yogic study/ practice
- Eight limbs of Yoga
- Ancient Yogic texts: Bhagavad-Gita, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, and more
- Philosophy and lineage of Krishnamacharya, BKS Iyengar, Sri Pattabhi Jois, Paramhansa Yogananda, Bishnu Charan Ghosh & Bikram Choudhury
- Evolution of Hot Yoga, from ancient Agni Kriya to modern contemporary practices
- Basic western anatomy & physiology
- Functional anatomy and physical structure
- Esoteric Anatomy & Chakra System
HOT YOGA METHOD
- How and why hot yoga is different from other styles of yoga
- Understanding the effects of heat
- Why the sequence is important in relation to the hot room
HOT YOGA TECHNIQUES
- Special practices unique to hot yoga
- Timing & class management
- How to direct the class focus
- Demos & “mirroring” techniques
ASANA - POSTURE
- Knowledge of basic asanas
- Exploration of asana variations and intermediate asanas
- Alignment, common mistakes, and how to avoid injuries
- Medical benefits
- Balance between body, mind and breath
- How to sequence foundation practice, 60min/ 75min/ 90min
- How to expand the sequence for Hot Hatha practice
- Understanding how to modify the sequence for Hot Vinyasa practice
- Special practices for non-hot classes in Hatha and Vinyasa Flow yoga
THE ART OF TEACHING
- How to address a group of students
- How to use your own body as a teaching tool
- How to use your voice, volume, tempo and pacing
- How to read bodies and correct postures
- Choosing the right words
- Energy, passion, confidence, humour
- Using your presence & Self-awareness as a transformative teaching tool
PRANAYAMA - YOGIC BREATHING
- The use of breath as a transformative tool for Self-awareness
- Breath control
- Different breathing techniques & purpose
- Exploration of benefits
- Balance/ alter emotions
- Regulate internal temperature
- What meditation is, and why it is practised
- Variety of meditation techniques and tools
- Quieting the mind to develop deeper levels of awareness
- Connecting with the true Self
- General understanding of Sanskrit language
- What & why mantras are an effective tool for yoga
- Chanting, use of sound, resonance, vibration/ frequency and music
- Morals and ethics for yoga professionals
DIET, NUTRITION AND HYDRATION
- Purification through food
- Yogic diet guidelines
- Understanding the importance and effects of water
- Introduction to Ayurvedic medicine
- General understanding of the three main doshas and how to eat / live right for your type
YOGA AND BUSINESS
- How to build a resume and apply at studios
- What’s needed to open your own studio
- Yoga registration procedures
- How to build a following
- Balancing money vs materialism
- Conflict resolution
- Relationships in the studio
- Sexual harassment
- Insurance / injuries
- Next steps for growth & development
Practice is an integral part of the programme, where techniques are learned, skills sharpened and the fire of transformation fuelled. The commitment to practise with the same group at the same time every day stokes the coals for change by providing the perfect catalyst to help break old habits and set a foundation for a new you. Morning practice is for experiential learning and evening practice allows practical refinement of topics covered in lecture.
- 8:30am – 9:30am Morning Practice
- 9:30am – 10:00am Break
- 10:00am – 1:00pm Lecture A
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm Break
- 2:00pm – 5:00pm Lecture B
- 5:00pm – 6:00pm Evening Practice
This is a full-time YTT, 8am - 6pm daily, Monday – Saturday with half day Sunday. Practice will mostly be Hot, but lectures will be in normal room temperature environments. Training focus is Hot Yoga, however all techniques will be explored for non-hot teaching.
Students who are interested in participating should bear in mind that this will be a physically and emotionally demanding programme. It will require a strong commitment and personal sacrifice, as well as the support of the student's primary support network. We emphasise that this programme may not be for everyone.
- Have a minimum of 1 year of yoga practice, with 6 months consistent hot practice
- Have passion to learn and personally explore the deeper dimensions of yoga
- Be free of major injuries going into the programme (students with minor but recurring injuries must inform the teacher of their conditions)
- Be fully committed to 100% attendance
- Be willing and able to forego most of their personal and professional commitments
- Required Course Reading
- How Yoga Works by Geshe Michael Roach
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
RECOMMENDED LIFETIME READING
- Hot Yoga: Energizing, Rejuvenating, Healing by Marilyn Barnett
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Bhagavad Gita, any version (Stephen Mitchell’s version recommended)
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, any version (Chip Hartranft’s version recommended)
Regular Tuition: SG$3,888
- Printed 280+ page manual written by Copper
- 30G of digital training resources
- Tuition does not include meals or airfare
Check out crowyoga.com for more details, including course curriculum, prices, and testimonials.
21-DAY HOT YOGA CHALLENGE WITH COPPER CROW
This is an integral programme where techniques are learned, skills are sharpened and the fire of transformation is fuelled. The commitment to practise with the same group of yogis over an extended period of time sets the foundation for powerful changes in practice and life. This programme is more than just a regular hot yoga class on the class schedule. The series also includes daily meditation practices, weekly intentions, inspired journaling and contemplation exercises, special Sunday practices, as well as asana and sequence explanations to deepen your understanding of yoga.
This challenge is open to all students who desire a life-affirming shift but are not participating in the full teacher training. Those registered in the full teacher training are already included in the programme.
To join, click here.
All trainees are entitled to unlimited complimentary yoga classes during the period of the training, 10% off all retail, and 20% off our packages upon completion of the teacher training.
All deposits are non-refundable.
Any cancellation received 60 days prior to course incurs a fee of $250.
Any cancellation received 30 days prior to course will result in forfeit of the full tuition fee.
WHO WE ARE
Yogis dedicated to making a difference in the world, one sweaty body at a time.
We focus on Hot Yoga because it works. We lead yoga trainings, empowering you with the skills necessary to teach, get out of a dead end job and travel to different parts of the world, transform your life and the lives of others.
Our training uncovers the mysteries of Yoga and make complicated subjects fun, interesting and easy to understand.
However, that’s just part of the equation, the real mission is to develop more yoga teachers who can go out into the world and make a difference in the lives of others; be it their families, local communities, or teaching on the mat.
“I train you, not for you, but for the thousand lives you’re going to touch.” - Copper Crow
DANNY COPPER CROW
Originally from Texas, USA, Copper was first introduced to yoga at age four, by his father and martial art teachers. He fully committed to teaching ‘Yoga’ in 2003, after resigning as a Senior Training Specialist for Charles Schwab, a leading US Fortune 500 company. Copper holds the highest qualification possible with Yoga Alliance, E-RYT 500, in addition to professional training certifications with Achieve Global, Development Dimensions International (DDI), and Mager Consortium. Copper has been leading professional development courses and yoga teacher trainings since 2000. He was the Country Managing Teacher since 2006 and the lead hot yoga trainer for Pure Yoga Singapore, developing and leading their Hot TT programs since 2009.
Beyond hot yoga, Copper also leads trainings in Hatha, Vinyasa, and Universal Yoga. His playfulness and joy are present in every class, workshop, or teacher training session he leads. Whether in the hot room, on the cross mats of Universal Yoga Mandala, or any mat in between, he encourages students to explore their practice and themselves as deeply as possible. “Whether it’s physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual – yoga has something for everyone, at every stage of life’s journey. Every passing moment is an opportunity to start anew and transform your life. Let go of expectations, have fun, and enjoy the process!”
ANDREA YEO CROW
Originally from Singapore, Andrea was first introduced to yoga through hot vinyasa yoga while living in the US in 2003. She left her design career in 2007 to commit to teaching full time after completing her first teacher training in Hot Yoga. She has since continued her yogic studies to achieve an E-RYT 500, the highest credentials available with Yoga Alliance. She opened her own yoga studio, Updog Studio Singapore in 2010 till October 2015 to continue to share her love of hot yoga and to help others heal themselves through practice.