40-hour Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Level 2 with Adeline Tien, Apr 14 - 17
40-hour Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Level 2
Led by Adeline Tien
April 14 – 17, 2020 (Tuesday – Friday)
Deepen and grow your knowledge and skills of using Restorative Yoga for therapeutic applications. We will explore how to use restorative poses that benefit chronic pain or illness, injury, depression, anxiety, emotions and other stress related conditions.
This teacher training will:
- Equip you with the confidence to create and guide a customised Restorative Yoga practice for yourself and your private students
- Further your experience, knowledge and skills to offer this practice to a wider range of settings, illness and injuries
- Deepen your observation skills in reading the body’s energy, flow, and where you might use more props to offer support
- Expand on how different types of props support and textures create different outcomes and effects
- *Refine the use of language (through verbal cueing, and mindful word choices) and hands-on therapeutic touch to bring students to a deeper state of rest and healing
(*) The Art of Verbal Cueing and The Art of Hands-On Adjustments and Therapeutic Touch are individual training modules taught SEPARATELY PRIOR to the Level 2 training. It is highly recommended that you attend these trainings as we will use some of what was taught in those trainings in Level 2. Please refer to Full Track tuition below.
The modules of Level 2 include:
- The science of illness and healing
- How to support the body to enhance physical, physiological and emotional healing
- Offering and adapting therapeutic restorative work to various environments such as beds, chairs, and during medical treatments
- Therapeutic applications for chronic stress related illnesses, post-surgery healing, fertility and digestive issues
- Students who have taken Restorative Yoga Level 1 Training with Adeline
- For teachers, who have trained with other teachers, and who teach regular (weekly) Restorative Yoga classes for the past 2-3 years, please email to apply
Participants will receive:
- A Restorative Yoga teacher training manual
- 40 hours of class contact time (Continuing Education with Yoga Alliance) including 9 hours of non-contact case study assignments(*)
- *Certificate of completion will only be issued upon the full completion of 40 hours
Restorative Level 2 Training only
Early bird (by 15 Mar): $1,380
Full Track Restorative Level 2
Early bird (by 15 Mar): $1,780
Full Track includes:
- The Art of Verbal Cueing (4 April, Saturday)
- The Art of Hands-On Adjustments and Therapeutic Touch (5 April, Sunday)
- Restorative Level 2 (14 - 17 April Tuesday - Friday)
**Please note that you must take or have taken Restorative Level 1 Training with Adeline in order to register for Level 2**
Tuesday - Friday, 14 - 17 April
9am – 5pm
RECOMMENDED READING LIST
- The Brain's Way of Healing: Remarkable Discoveries and Recoveries from the Frontiers of Neuroplasticity by Norman Doidge, M.D.
- When the Body Says No by Gabor Mate
- Welcoming the Unwelcome by Pema Chödrön
All trainees are entitled to unlimited complimentary yoga classes, 10% off all retail during the period of the training, and 20% off our packages upon completion of the teacher training.
All deposits are non-refundable.
Any cancellation received 60 days prior to course incurs a fee of $250.
Any cancellation received 30 days prior to course will result in forfeit of the full tuition fee.
ABOUT ADELINE TIEN
Adeline Tien (E-RYT 500, YACEP), has been teaching Restorative Yoga at COMO Shambhala Urban Escape since 2008 and brings 12 years of restorative yoga teaching experience, into this training.
She trained with the amazing Jillian Pransky and the knowledgeable Judith Hanson Lasater (Relax and Renew®). She is a certified Advanced Relax and Renew® Trainer, a certified Yoga Tune Up® teacher, Level 1 iRest Yoga Nidra Teacher and a Reiki practitioner.
Adeline has been practising yoga since 1994 and teaching since 2002. Her students often describe her as a teacher who keeps the yoga practice safe, with simple, clear and precise instructions.