50-hour Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Level 1 with Adeline Tien, Mar 23 - 27
The Art of Conscious Relaxation
50-hour Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Level 1
Led by Adeline Tien
March 23 – 27, 2020 (Monday – Friday)
Understand the science behind Restorative Yoga, and learn the artful skills of practicing and teaching this wonderful restful style of yoga.
WHY DO RESTORATIVE YOGA
In this day and age of the constant rush to do more and strive for more, we have become a society that is stressed out, impatient, intolerant with our frazzled nerves. Stress related illnesses are on the rise – irritable bowel syndrome, ulcers, migraines, heart disease, obesity, and fertility issues, to name a few. Restorative yoga is a practice that provides rest to the body, with support, awareness and intention. This deep, purposeful, and mindful kind of rest reduces fatigue, alters and lowers our stress responses and helps us to function better physically, mentally and emotionally.
WHAT IS RESTORATIVE YOGA
Restorative yoga is the yoga of non-doing that focuses on ease and release. Props such as bolsters, blankets, blocks and eye pillows are used, to safely support the body in various poses. When the body is fully supported in this manner, it begins to relax and release deep layers of tension. This process invokes a natural state of balance, replenishment, and healing rest.
This teacher training will:
- Equip you with tools, confidence and ease, to teach and practice restorative poses
- Deepen your understanding and experience of restorative yoga
- Furnish you with skills needed to create and hold space for your students
Teachers who complete this training will feel confident in their knowledge and understanding of Restorative Yoga, and will be able to lead a Restorative Yoga class safely and effectively. Many 200 hour yoga teacher training programs barely scratch the surface when covering Restorative Yoga and many yoga teachers are teaching restorative yoga classes without the proper training. The Art of Conscious Relaxation 50-hour teacher training provides yoga teachers and practitioners with a clear understanding of Restorative Yoga and its many benefits.
In this hands-on, experiential training, you will learn the essential principles and practices of restorative yoga, including:
- The science, practice and teaching of restorative yoga
- The benefits of restorative yoga and deep relaxation
- Exploring the nervous system
- Importance of rest and the nervous system
- Detailed alignment, benefits and set up of at least 7 essential restorative poses, with full prop support, as well as with limited props
- How to create a safe, inclusive space for all bodies and levels of yoga
- Observing body alignment to better understand the use of props
- Principles and guidelines for creating a safe and supportive class environment
- Art of sequencing and class planning
- Hands-on adjustments
- Verbal cues and language
- How to modify poses
- Practical hands - on teaching experience
- How to set up the space
This training is for:
- Any yoga teacher interested in understanding restorative yoga in a deeper way; who would like to teach restorative yoga classes; or incorporate restorative poses into their regular yoga classes
- Any one (non-yoga) who is interested in experiencing and learning more about restorative yoga
- A Restorative Yoga teacher training manual
- 50 hours of class contact time (Continuing Education with Yoga Alliance) including 10 hours of non-contact case study assignments*
Early bird (by 23 Feb): $1,475
Monday - Friday, 23 - 27 March
9am – 5pm
RECOMMENDED READING LIST
1. Relax and Renew by Judith Lasater
2. Restore and Rebalance by Judith Lasater
3. Seven Thousand Ways to Listen by Mark Nepo
4. The Brain that Changes Itself by Norman Doidge, M.D.
All trainees are entitled to unlimited complimentary yoga classes, 10% off all retail during the period of the training, and 20% off our packages upon completion of the teacher training.
All deposits are non-refundable.
Any cancellation received 60 days prior to course incurs a fee of $250.
Any cancellation received 30 days prior to course will result in forfeit of the full tuition fee.
ABOUT ADELINE TIEN
Adeline Tien (E-RYT 500, YACEP), has been teaching Restorative Yoga at COMO Shambhala Urban Escape since 2008 and brings 12 years of restorative yoga teaching experience, into this training.
She trained with the amazing Jillian Pransky and the knowledgeable Judith Hanson Lasater (Relax and Renew®). She is a certified Advanced Relax and Renew® Trainer, a certified Yoga Tune Up® teacher, Level 1 iRest Yoga Nidra Teacher and a Reiki practitioner.
Adeline has been practising yoga since 1994 and teaching since 2002. Her students often describe her as a teacher who keeps the yoga practice safe, with simple, clear and precise instructions.