The Art of Hands-On Adjustments and Therapeutic Touch with Adeline Tien, Apr 5
Led by Adeline Tien
Sunday, April 5, 2020
9am - 5pm
"Too often we underestimate the power of touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
— Leo Buscaglia in The Way of Conflict
A full day of experiential learning and training designed to help you to tap into the power of therapeutic touch and hands-on adjustments to offer your students an experience into deeper states of relaxation and release.
Learn how to observe and sense the body’s energetic and physical state and needs. Discover how to use therapeutic touch, and hands-on adjustments to create more ease and comfort. Each trainee will discover their own authentic style and confidence in offering such adjustments in their classes.
In this experiential training, the topics include:
- Simple therapeutic touch techniques that can be used during Savasanna or a Restorative pose
- Creating support to release tension and freeing up the breath
- Various hands-on adjustments and therapeutic touch for the limbs, head and body
- Crafting a safe environment that welcomes students of all levels and body types
- Working with injuries and illness
- Establishing safe and respectful boundaries
You do not have to be a Restorative Yoga teacher to attend this training. We welcome all who are interested in learning how using hands through touch, can allow for support in the body, breath and mind.
Participants of The Art of Hands-On Adjustments and Therapeutic Touch will receive:
- The Art of Hands-On Adjustments and Therapeutic Touch manual
- 8 hours of continuing education with Yoga Alliance
(The Art of Verbal Cueing & The Art of Hands-On Adjustments and Therapeutic Touch)
Full Track Restorative Level 2
Early bird (by 15 Mar): $1,780
Full Track includes:
- The Art of Verbal Cueing (4 April, Saturday)
- The Art of Hands-On Adjustments and Therapeutic Touch (5 April, Sunday)
- Restorative Level 2 (14 - 17 April Tuesday - Friday)
**Please note that you must take or have taken Restorative Level 1 Training with Adeline in order to register for Level 2**
ABOUT ADELINE TIEN
Adeline Tien (E-RYT 500, YACEP), has been teaching Restorative Yoga at COMO Shambhala Urban Escape since 2008 and brings 12 years of restorative yoga teaching experience, into this training.
She trained with the amazing Jillian Pransky and the knowledgeable Judith Hanson Lasater (Relax and Renew®). She is a certified Advanced Relax and Renew® Trainer, a certified Yoga Tune Up® teacher, Level 1 iRest Yoga Nidra Teacher and a Reiki practitioner.
Adeline has been practising yoga since 1994 and teaching since 2002. Her students often describe her as a teacher who keeps the yoga practice safe, with simple, clear and precise instructions.