The Art of Verbal Cueing with Adeline Tien, Apr 4
The Art of Verbal Cueing
Led by Adeline Tien
Saturday, April 4, 2020
9am - 5pm
"Words have energy and power with the ability to help, to heal, to hinder, to hurt, to harm, to humiliate, and to humble."
The words that come out of our mouths, have the power to cut like a knife, or caress a wound with compassion and love. Learn, explore and gain new understanding on the many layers of using words, imagery, tone and pace to effectively communicate with your students. Allow the language that you speak welcome them into deeper states of rest and relaxation.
This training is specially intended for yoga teachers, mindfulness practitioners, healers and caregivers of all genres to enhance your listening and verbal skills. Learn how your choice of words affect and effect the person or the class that you are communicating with, physically, emotionally, spiritually, energetically and mentally.
Develop skills to offer amazing transformational savasana and rest; restorative classes; relaxation practices and meditation sessions.
In this hands-on, experiential training, you will learn:
- How to skilfully choose words to create safety and release
- Craft imagery to enhance your student’s journey of rest
- The art of sequence instructions to allow for the connection with the ground and the breath
- How to create a pace and tone, and use of silence to convey spacious and healing.
- How to create a safe environment that welcomes students of all levels and body types
- Exploring the nervous system
- The stress response vs the relaxation response
- Techniques to guide students into states of deep relaxation
At the end of the training, you will leave feeling more enriched and confident in guiding students. Your careful choice of words, observation skills and personal intentions will allow them to fully move in, towards healing and rest.
You do not have to be a Restorative Yoga teacher to attend this workshop. We welcome all who are interested in learning how words, language and imagery can affect and effectively illicit a shift of the mind towards calmness and relaxation.
Participants of the Art of Verbal Cueing will receive:
- The Art of Verbal Cueing manual
- 8 hours of continuing education with Yoga Alliance
(The Art of Verbal Cueing & The Art of Hands-On Adjustments and Therapeutic Touch)
Full Track Restorative Level 2
Early bird (by 15 Mar): $1,780
Full Track includes:
- The Art of Verbal Cueing (4 April, Saturday)
- The Art of Hands-On Adjustments and Therapeutic Touch (5 April, Sunday)
- Restorative Level 2 (14 - 17 April Tuesday - Friday)
**Please note that you must take or have taken Restorative Level 1 Training with Adeline in order to register for Level 2**
ABOUT ADELINE TIEN
Adeline Tien (E-RYT 500, YACEP), has been teaching Restorative Yoga at COMO Shambhala Urban Escape since 2008 and brings 12 years of restorative yoga teaching experience, into this training.
She trained with the amazing Jillian Pransky and the knowledgeable Judith Hanson Lasater (Relax and Renew®). She is a certified Advanced Relax and Renew® Trainer, a certified Yoga Tune Up® teacher, Level 1 iRest Yoga Nidra Teacher and a Reiki practitioner.
Adeline has been practising yoga since 1994 and teaching since 2002. Her students often describe her as a teacher who keeps the yoga practice safe, with simple, clear and precise instructions.