Our Organic Space
OUR ORGANIC SPACE
At Hom Yoga, we are committed to creating a space and a practice that respects our students and our environment, the best we can.
For this reason, we are committed to these initiatives:
- Natural, organic laundry soap to launder towels. No harsh bleaches are used.
- Certified organic, natural cleaner to clean all common spaces.
- 100% pure eucalyptus and tea tree oils, which are anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal, to clean all yoga mats.
- Renewable cork yoga blocks, organic cotton bolsters, yoga straps and blankets.
- Non-toxic yoga mats, made in Germany, and certified with the Oeko-Tex standard. Free from latex, phthalates and heavy metals.
- We offer two fresh cotton towels for each practice, and we encourage students to return any unused towels. For extra towels, we charge a $2 fee.
- Pure, natural hair and body soaps, hand made locally, and free from preservatives and synthetic fragrances.
- 100% unbleached bamboo pulp paper. Chemical, chlorine and BPA free.
- Natural, biodegradable bathroom floors, certified eco-label.
- Flooring timber sourced from 100% sustainable plantation forest, and are FSC-certified.
- Natural oil finishes on timber.
- Non-toxic, VOCs-free paints.
- Natural cotton or linens for all soft furnishings, handcrafted by local artisans.
- Minimal to no single-use plastic usage. We encourage you to bring a reusable bag.
- Energy efficient FIR heating. This form of heat therapy is the frequency of invisible light that is generated naturally by the sun, and benefits the body by helping your body remove toxins through sweat.
- Energy efficient lighting. We encourage the Hom team to ensure electrical and lighting usage is used efficiently and practically.
- Fresh, filtered drinking water which removes fluoride, sediments, rusts, parasites, cysts, heavy metals such as lead and mercury, bacteria and pharmaceutical drugs, and chlorine. Fluoride is a neurotoxin and endocrine disruptor—excessive exposure to fluoride has been linked to a number of health issues, such as thyroid dysfunction, neurological problems, cardiovascular problems and conditions affecting the joints and bones. The addition of organic minerals into the water strengthens our immune system by boosting the conversion of food nutrients into enzymes, which enhances alkalinity in our bodies.
- Consciously curated retail shop that work with local and global partners with the same values and ethos.